Saturday, February 28, 2015

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a cookie recipe I've elaborated on, and they were an instant hit with my **Seagulls! ;) 




1.5 cups old style oats
1.5 cups all purpose flour 
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
(I threw in a healthy dash of ground cinnamon)
2/3 cup softened butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cranberries
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup crushed pecans

Preheat oven at 375.
Line cookie sheets w/parchment paper
Blend flour, oats, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon in a medium size bowl.
In another bowl, cream butter, and sugar together. Add eggs, vanilla, and mix well. 
Slowly incorporate wet ingredients into the dry.
Once homogenous, add berries, nuts, & chocolate chips; mix until well blended.
Using a (soup)spoon, dole out healthy dollops of the dough onto the cookie sheets. 
Bake for 10 minutes, of until golden.
Makes 2 dozen large cookies. 


My disclaimer is that these should be eaten still warm from the oven. Just so that the berries don't burn your mouth, and the chocolate chips are melty and gooey.
Darling likes to pop the day-old ones in the microwave for a few seconds, but to be quite honest, these usually disappear within the day I've made them :)

**My special little nickname for the famdamily whenever I'm baking or cooking. I swear they all hang out in the kitchen, hoping something will jump out of the dish & into their mouths! LOL!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment