Thursday, February 26, 2015

La Tzigane BTS

I thought I'd do a little Behind The Scenes post today, an open window on what has been going on at La Tzigane.

As most people will do on New Year's, I made a list of things I'd like to accomplish for 2015. Not resolutions really, but more like Goals With Soul. The list isn't too long or extensive, it was more or less a collection of things that have been left undone for far too long, and that I finally decided needed my attention. 

First I wanted to once and for all tackle all the clutter that has accumulated in our Home Life. Mostly finally getting rid of things that no longer serve us, or that we do not find absolutely useful or beautiful. Easier said than done, but not impossible ;)

The thing I wanted to address most was paper clutter, namely entire magazines I've been keeping for years and years, for a single article or recipe! (Tell me I'm not the only one who does this?!) So I finally organized myself at our dining table, armed with a hot cup of tea, a wee sweet treat, and some folders, and got to it on the first pile. Here in Ontario, our LCBO (liquor store) has a seasonal magazine they put out to introduce some of their products, and delicious gourmet recipes. I decided to organize the folders by season, just like the magazines themselves, and started tearing those magazines apart. Once I was finally done, I was left with five neatly organized folders, and a whole empty shelf on our book shelf! *BONUS!* 
My optimal plan is to eventually write down each and every one of those recipes down, and keep them in a nice recipe book, but until then, at least the folders are tucked away in a filing cabinet, waiting for the next step.

Of course, I've got plenty more magazines to go through, but this was a great start.


This week had a pretty exciting start, with our 20 Week Viability Scan, where we found out that our little bundle is a bouncing baby boy! This was such a huge surprise for us, we really thought we'd be having another girl, and is going to bring on such huge changes for our little family; a BOY! How exciting! 
I'm finally over the morning sickness, and have been feeling pretty good for the past few weeks. Baby is moving around like crazy, and the belly has started to visibly expand. No more looking like I just had a big meal! ;) I have yet to gain any weight, likely due to the sickness I suffered with, but I'm sure that'll change soon. I've also thankfully said goodbye to the horrible hormonal migraines I was experiencing on a daily basis. I'm not really into medicating myself, but I did find that an early morning shot of espresso was incredibly helpful in staving them off.

We haven't done much this winter, what with the excessive snow and cold we've been experiencing, but I thought I'd put a little more effort in my appearance for the event, and dress the bump up. I must have subconsciously known something, seeing as my accessory colors were of the 'Boy' persuasion. Ha! Ha! (*Disclaimer: I don't think there is such a thing as a boy color, I'm just being funny) ;)

A portrait of our handsome lad, LOL! Vitals fully formed, at 20 weeks even. 
I think he looks like a cute little sugar skull! 

Darling and I followed our appointment with a celebratory lunch at a local sushi restaurant, Wind (no worries, no raw fish for Mama), and spent most of our lunch hour scrolling through websites in search of the perfect name for our boy. It took a few more days, but we finally settled on a name we both could live with, and that sounded good with our surname. Would you believe we also took into consideration the types of nicknames his friends and peers might give him? Ha! Ha! 

We followed this delectable lunch with a postprandial walk to the Canada One Outlet Mall just a few (painfully cold) minutes away, in search of a perfect little first outfit for Baby Boy. We didn't really find what we were looking for, but Darling did score this cute little T-Shirt for him, which won't fit for a few years, and I found these GORGEOUS platform pumps from Nine West. I just couldn't help it, the sale price was incredible, and I knew that if I didn't get them, I'd literally kick myself. (I hate when that happens! LOL!)

This was my way of revealing Baby Boy's gender on my Instagram :)


The last few days have been spent working on organizing my studio space a bit more,  I mean, we're housebound by snow and frigid temps, what else am I going to do? So I've been culling unwanted materials and tools, displaying the ones I kept more optimally, well within reach, and readily viewable. It's still a work in progress, but I can't wait for that part to be done. Come to think of it, is studio organization ever done? With the matter of using up old inventory, then bringing new ones in, not to mention any new hobbies or techniques learned that need their own space as well...


 A little light reading during my mid-morning snack break (which some little bunny snagged on me), of two newfound magazines I just can't get enough of: Where Women Create, and Artful Blogging. I simply adore these publications, and look forward to each new edition. I can' only find them at Chapters, which meant that I indulged in a little window shopping in the sundries section, and I couldn't resist getting a new notebook and journal. As IF I needed them! I have so many unused notebooks and journals, it's not even funny, but I just can't stop myself when I find cute ones such as these. Hmmm... perhaps I could use these as my new handwritten recipe books? 

Didi stealing Mama's snack!

TTFN Darlings!
Hope everyone is well;

Jewels






No comments:

Post a Comment