Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekend Hangs

Our everyday has been filled with kids' demands, cooking, cleaning, lots and LOTS of laundry, and very very full hearts!

We celebrated my birthday on the 8th by having breakfast at a local greasy spoon, which was also our very first time out as a family of five. Dear Lord, that floors me every time I say it: Family of FIVE! 
We are so busy during the week - Darling at his clinic, me at Home - that we've made it a point to really be present with each other during the weekends. 
Still loads of work to do around the house, but so much more time spent simply being together. 

This week, we went to Williams, and each indulged in some fine deliciousness. 


Hard to believe this little darling is three already. Time has flown so fast, that it really drives home the fact that our three children will be grown and have flown the coop in the blink of an eye. 

Mimi and Didi getting some couch snuggles on.

Ahhhhhh!!! Completely blessed out, milk drunk baby. Is there anything cuter?! 


Though I'm still healing from childbirth only three weeks ago, I have been able to slowly get back to my normal domestic activities. But I am taking it slow, and not doing too much. One thing I love doing, as many know, is cooking; and let's be honest, my family is totally into that too! ;)

Most Sundays are Big Breakfast Day (health permitting), and this week was no exception. Made my delicious Buttermilk Pancakes, and thought I'd play a little joke on the girls. You see, I've had to take drastic measures to prevent them from eating the whole stack of cakes as I'm making them. (I swear, they'd eat them off the griddle!!) 
So I made a few little cakes for them, and served them on little plates. Very well received by two girly girls who inhaled the "Oh So CUTE!!" cakes in about 60 seconds flat! 😂😂😂 


I had mine with fresh, juicy, ripe nectarines, and just a smidgen of real maple syrup. 

The Wonder Weeks tell us that all the fussiness we've been getting from this wee man are due to his first Leap. If you are a new parent, please, do yourself a favour, and look into TWW, either the book, or the app. It will do wonders (hah! Pun!) to help you understand all of these milestones your baby is hitting, and hopefully save your sanity. Nothing worse than dealing with an inconsolable, clingy, crying baby, and not have a clue what's going on. Even harder on the little ones, I'm sure. 
Thankfully, there was no shortage of arms ready, willing, and able to hold this little guy! 
Papa
And in Nana Linda's arms, who drove up from Brantford to meet her first grandson for the very first time. To say she was smitten would be an understatement 😏

TTFN Dolls!! 

I'm hoping to have a nice post written up for our birth story soon. 

Jewels 

No comments:

Post a Comment