Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mini Pita Pocket Treats

For those of you who may not know, we recently found out that our little family will be expanding by one more little Soul in July. This news came as quite a shock to Darling and myself, but, as with our last little addition, we welcomed the news with open hearts, and soon, arms :)

Sadly, I saw a repeat of Hyperemesis Gravidarum with this little nugget, which means that my energy levels, and desire to do anything around the kitchen were nil at best. On good days, I might be able to slap together one meal for the whole family. On bad days, which were most of them up until about a week ago, there was just no way I could even lift my head from the couch. It was a bit tougher this time around, as there was a wee toddler needing parental supervision. Let's just say, I've got a few new permanent pieces of toddler art on the walls, and some furniture... ;)

Here is one quick and easy "slap it together" meal that everyone seems to like, regardless of how many times I've offered it. I found these delicious little pita pockets at our local grocers, and not only are they perfect for for tiny toddler hands, they were perfect bite size bits for Dad and Mimi too.

I started by making a large omelet for everyone, but couldn't stand even looking at it, so when I spied these little pockets on the counter, I got an idea. I started by slicing one edge of them to open the pocket, and carefully filled each one with egg, leaving enough room for ketchup or anything else they might want to add to the pocket.


Everyone got 3-4 on their plates, thinking that would be enough, but then they all went for seconds. And thirds.

Come snack time, I still had a hungry horde (Honestly, it amazes me how much food my family can toss back; meanwhile, I was just barely able to breathe the food fumes...) I had a few of the pockets left, so I slapped something else together: I filled them with cream cheese and fresh sliced strawberries.



Now, you could get a bit fancy and add a sprinkle of cinnamon and maple sugar, but these strawberries were so sweet and flavorful, I just left them as-is.

And these, I was actually able to enjoy.

So there you have it, just a few quick and easy tasty treats. Hope you enjoy them.

TTFN

Jewels



No comments:

Post a Comment